With the advent of IATA’s 2D Barcode Resolution 722C/792 covering the use of PDF417 barcodes on boarding passes an ever increasing number of airlines are now allowing passengers to print their own boarding passes.
All of the above means that the airport/airline staff required a system to thoroughly check the e-boarding passes at the gate to ensure the following by flight:
- The point of origin is valid
- The flight number is valid
- The sequence number has not been used previously
- The seat number has not been used previously
- The date of the flight is the current day
- The flight has not been cancelled
AIS developed Gate Guardian to handle all of the above but also to handle the following:
- The ability to open and close a gate on AFIDS
- To list passengers by name who have passed through security but not the gate
- To automatically update AFIDS with the departing passenger numbers by sector
- To compliment Security Sentinel
All of the above checks are paramount in controlling access to airside and is fundamental to the safe running of an airport.The system displays an instant go or no go decision when the document is scanned. If a no go then the reason is also given.
The major benefits of the AIS system is as follows:
- Software runs under MS Windows 10
- Control PCs communicate via the airport LAN or WAN
- Available 24 hours a day
- Supported and diagnosed remotely
- Available for the smallest regional airport up to the largest international airport
- Integrates with the daily mayfly for up to date flight information
- Uses industry standard 2D Barcode scanners
- Supports M1 Style Barcodes for Web Boarding Passes
- Supports S Style Barcodes for Kiosk Boarding Cards
This additional software ensures the maximum possible security with the minimum impact on passenger processing times and meets fully the UK DfT requirements.
Guernsey Airport order SAP interface to connect Guernsey and Alderney Airports to the States of Guernsey SAP accounting system.
Ireland West Airport Knock go live with ALDIS and AFIDS. ALDIS will handle credit and cash invoicing including fuel with all the normal...
The City of Derry Airport order an interface between ALDIS and their new Exchequer accounting system.
The airport are replacing their current FIDS and airport billing system and have ordered ALDIS & AFIDS software with Fuel and Cash...